Department Of Tamil
Mail ID - email@example.com
- Language and literary study like any other subject is an ever – growing field with its minor or major level changes.
- The higher education gives rooms to know the latest development and the value of the ancient glory and culture.
|Year of Inception||1962|
|Courses Offered||B.A., Tamil|
Succession List of Staff Members
|2||Dr.(Mrs.)P.Vinthiya Gowri, M.A.,B.Ed.,M.Phil., ||Head & Associate Professor|
|3||Dr.(Mrs.)T.Velmayil, M.A.,B.Ed.,M.Phil.,Ph.D.,PGDCA.,||Associate Professor|
|4||Dr.(Mrs.)N.Sucila, M.A.,M.Phil.,B.Ed.,||Associate Professor|
|5||Dr.(Mrs.)S.Uma Devi, M.A.,B.Ed.,M.Phil.,Ph.D.,||Associate Professor|
|6||Dr.(Mrs.)N.Amuthavalli, M.A.,M.Phil.,B.Ed.,Ph.D.,||Assistant Professor|
|7||Dr.(Mrs.)C.Nagajothi, M.A.,M.Phil.,Ph.D.,||Assistant Professor|
|8||Dr.(Mrs.)J.Nalina Devi, M.A.,M.Phil.,Ph.D., ||Assistant Professor|
|9||Dr.(Mrs.)D.Priya, M.A.,M.Phil.,Ph.D., ||Assistant Professor|
|10||Mrs.S.Yogam, M.A.,M.Phil.,||Assistant Professor|
|11||Dr.(Mrs.)V.Prabhavathi, M.A.,M.Phil.,Ph.D.,||Assistant Professor|
|12||Dr.(Mrs.)J.Kaveri (SF), M.A.,M.Phil.,PGDCA.,Ph.D.,||Assistant Professor|
Highlights of the Department
- Our staff members published 10 Books.
- Well-furnished Department with 3 class Rooms and 1 computer with Broad Band Connection.
- Well-equipped Library with 4918 books.
- Valluvar Vizha is celebrated every year in the college by the department of Tamil.
- Celebrating Pulavar – Vizha every year is a special feature of Tamil Department.
- The Department of Tamil has taken special efforts to preserve the palm- leaf manuscripts, bearing a world of wisdom. The Department of Tamil has edited some palm leaf manuscript to Books.
- The Department of Tamil has great ambition to promote the reading of Tamil Literature and bring out its value so every year, we are arranging Seminars, Workshop and Guest Lectures.
- Organising conferences in association with Chemmozhi Tamil Research Centre, Chennai.
- Many students are selected and attended the spiritual camp organized by Vivekananda Kendra Kanniyakumari
|S.No.||Name of the Staff||Publication of Books
||Publication of Papers||Publication of Papers |
in Research Journal
|National Level||International Level|
Seminars and Workshops Conducted
- One day state level workshop on "Padaippum Thiranaivum" organized on 26.08.14.
- One day state level workshop on "Ilakiya Thiranaivu" organized on 22.07.13.
- One day seminar on "Silapathikaram" organized on 06.12.14.
- One day workshop on ‘Strilakiya Valarch nilai’ organized on 05.08.2015.
- Three days National Level Seminar on Sangs Ilakiyangalil Agam Puram Saarntha Ara Unarvugal organized on 21.01.2015 to 23.01.2015.
- Two days Workshop on ‘Ilakiyangalil Maelaanmai’ organized on 10.08.2016&11.08.2016.
- Two days seminar on ‘Bakthi neriyil saiva vainava Kaapiyangal’ organized on 07.08.2017&08.08.2017.
- Our students won overall shield in "Kalaisangamam 2016" conducted by VHNSN College, Virudhunagar.
- Our students won overall shield in "Tamil Saram 2016" conducted by ANJA College, Sivakasi.
- Our students won overall shield in "Kalaisangamam 2017" conducted by VHNSN College, Virudhunagar.
- Our students won overall shield in ‘Thai Thamizh Kalai Vizha’ conducted by Sermathai vasan College, Madurai.
- Our students won overall shield in Our students won overall shield in "Tamil Saram 2017" on 01.02.2017 conducted by ANJA College, Sivakasi.
- Every year our students got Cash award in Bharathidasan Recitation Competition.
- R.Kokila Vani II M.A. Tamil and K.Nirajana Lakshmi II B.A. English got state level II and III prize conducted by Ulaga Thirugural Peravai", Madurai.
- 13 Students got placement in various companies
|Academic Year||Pass %|
Future plan of the Department
- Upgrade of the department into a Research centre.
- To develop infrastructure.
- To enrich computer literacy.
- To promote self supportive course.
- To encourage the faculty members in doing their Research projects.
- To arrange coaching classes to the students for all the competitive exams.