Department Of Physics
Mail ID - email@example.com
- To apply the basic laws, Scientific principles and theories, in the field of Physics.
- To demonstrate the ability to do simple lab experiments that apply the principles learned.
- To recognize how observation, experiment and theory work together to expand the frontiers of knowledge of the Physical universe.
- To apply critical reasoning skills to model and solve the problems related to Physics and try to preserve nature.
|Dr.(Mrs).K.Uma Maheswari, M.Sc.,M.Phil.,||Head & Associate Professor|
|Dr.(Mrs).C.Mahalakshmi,M.Sc., M.Phil.,||Associate Professor|
|Dr.(Mrs).T.VasanthaMalliga , M.Sc.,MPhil.,||Associate Professor|
|Dr.(Mrs.)R.Hepzi Pramila Devamani,M.Sc.,Ph.D.,||Assistant Professor|
Students Strength : 134
|The Department has the credit of|
- Having organised the UGC sponsored National Level Seminars/ Workshop, DCE sponsored Refresher course for Govt.College Teachers,
TNSCST sponsored In-service Training Programme for PG teachers and Managing Board sponsored National Level Seminars.
- Five of our faculty were granted fund from UGC for minor research project.
- T.Chellappa - Ponnammal Endowment cash award contributed by Former Head for the two " Best outgoin Students.
- Job-Oriented courses like Digital Photography, Physics for Self-employment, Servicing and Repairing Home Appliances and CCTV camera.
- Study tour to various institutions like IIT,IISC, ISRO, HAL, IGCAR ,KKNPP, IIAP, Kalpakam, NLC Neyveli etc., to have a wide exposure in the practical applications of Physics.
- "PHYSICA" Interclub (Sir C.V.Raman Club, Dr.S.Chandra Sekar Club and Dr.A.P.J.Abdul Kalam Club) activities such as Group discussion, Paper Presentation, Quiz, Rangoli etc., are carried out by students with the guidance of faculty.
- Students appear for NGPE conducted by IAPT.
- Paper presentation at Regional and National Level conferences by all the faculty members and students is a commendable one.
Associate Professor & Head,
Department of Physics,
Assistant Professor of Physics,
Manonmaniam Sundaranar University,
|Intercollegiate Meet - PHYONICS 2016, Sermathai Vasan Colelge, Madurai.
||Extension Activity - Dengue Awareness
|Department has extended its service|
- Conducting Science Exhibition and Practical classes for plus two students.
- Every year our Department celebrates "Energy Conservation Week" in the December by conducting essay competition, Oratorical competition and quiz.
|Alumnae have distinguished themselves|
- Every year Alumnae day is celebrated on first Saturday of September.
- "PHYSICS AKSHAY" - Alumnae fund- Financial support is given to the needy students
- Our Alumnae are placed in Research Institutes in India and Abroad, as Programme Analyst in IT Companies, as Assistant Professors and Teachers.
- National level seminar on the topic "Recent trends in Physics" on 03.01.2012.
- National Level Seminar on "Nano Materials" on 05.02.2013
- National Level Seminar on "Emerging Technology in Physics" 14.02.2014
- National Seminar on "Recent Trends in Medical Physics" on 18.01.2017.
- Workshop on "Nanomaterials and Characterization Techniques" on 11.01.2018