About the Department
The department of microbiology was established in 1998 offers under graduate programme. The department has well equipped laboratory with sophisticated instruments and skillful faculty to develop the lab kills as well as theoretical skills of the students in their respective disciplinary. The department has been consistently maintaining the high rate of academic success.
|Mrs.J.Jeya, M.Sc.,M.Phil.,||Head & Assistant Professor|
|Mrs.M.M.Fathima Mansoora, M.Sc.,M.Phil.,||Assistant Professor|
|Miss.M.Vijayalakshmi, M.Sc.,M.Phil.,PGDCA.,||Assistant Professor|
Students Strength - UG :  124
Value added course
- Biofertilizer production (Course code SDBP16) was conducted at Departmental level for outgoing students in the year 2014 - 2015.
Highlights of the Department
- Self-Supportive course "Production technology of Biofertilizers" was conducted as Departmental course on 2014 - 15.
- State level seminar on "Recent scenario in biological innovations" was held on 1st February 2012.
- Biofertilizers Phosphobacteria and Azospirillum was produced and sold on 26th Feb 2012 at Golden Jubilee Carnival.
- Departmental magazine "MICROS-With MACRO THOUGHT" run by the students every year.
- State level Intercollegiate Meet "BIOMEET 2017" was organized by Department of Microbiology &Biotechnology on 16th February 2017.
- The farmers in Chatrareddiapatti village were provided with Biofertilizers for insisting Ecofriendliness instead of using chemical pesticides.
- Our Department outgoing students rendered service to Sivagnanapuram rural people by identifying their blood group in 2014 - 2015.
- The quality of water samples from Reddiapatti, Palavanatham, Usilampatti and VVV College Virudhunagar is analysed as a free consultancy from the year 2016 onwards.
Distinguished alumnae of our department
- Assistant professors and Teachers in various colleges and schools.
- Dieticians and Lab assistants in hospitals.
- Quality control officers in Mineral water, Masala, Seafood and optical companies.
- Medical coder and Medical transcriptionist in IT companies.